Friday, February 12, 2010

words to live by

When it comes to relationships and boys, in my opinion you have to make your own mistakes to learn. I can tell you I have made the mistakes but I am still learning. I also know, like me, you will follow your heart even if heartbreak is ahead. But thanks to Glamour here are 15 rules for the single girl to live by. And because I can picture my self in a lot of these situations, I actually believe the outside party this time and I hope you will too!

1. Guys are like subway trains. Don't run after them; another one is on it's way.
2. If he says he isn't ready for a relationship, believe him.
3. Marry someone you want to sit next to for the rest of your life.
4. You don't want to be walked over, and you don't want a man you can walk over either.
5. To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
6. The guys who were nerdy in high school make the best husbands.
7. You can tell a lot about a guy by how he treats your cab driver.
8. If he likes you , you'll know. If he doesn't you'll be 'confused'.
9. Respect yourself. You can't make him your everything, if you're only his something.
10. Never marry a man who has no friends.
11. Say no to guys you usually say yes to, and yes to the ones you normally say no to. (trying to keep us 'bad boy lovers' away from the bad boys)
12. Never tattoo a guy's name on your body
13. Personal hygiene is part of the package.
14. Don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.
15. It's OK to show up at a guy's house with a dozen roses and declare your undying affection. It's OK to have too much to drink and call your ex 20 times and then to be mortally embarrassed when you realize your number must have shown up on his caller ID. It's OK, because making a fool of yourself for love is ultimately about you, how much you give and the distances you will travel to keep your heart wide open when everything around you makes you feel like slamming it shut and soldering it closed.

I need to come to realization with #8 and I need to believe #15.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment