Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the creation of adam, really?
















Woke up at 845 and got breakfast which consisted of Croissants with nutella, peaches, peach yogurt with granola and of course cafe con latte (how Italian am I?)

The first thing we saw was Ecstacy of Saint Theresa. It was amazing and I got to go up close and personal. Then we took the metro to Vatican City and started our long day of amazing sites. We grabbed lunch before entering the church. The girls got gelato and pizza from an authentic Italian street restaurant and we sat outside as we ate. We had an amazing british tour guide to tell us about everything. The weather was cool and cloudy but a perfect day to walk around rome.

We saw everything! The Pieta, Laocooan, The School of Athens, and obviously the amazing frescos throughout the Vatican Museum. And the best part of the day was the Sistine Chapel. I couldn't stop thinking of my mom the whole time, because I know how much she wanted to see it. We went in and snuck SO MANY pictures!! I had to show my mom some how! The ceiling was absolutely breath taking, my neck hurt just from staring at it for so long. I didn't want to stop looking, I felt like there wasn't enough time in the day to memorize every stroke. It was an amazing experience and I am so lucky to have seen what I saw.

After we showered and got ready we went out to a fancy group dinner. We went to Target (the name of the restaurant, I'm sure it sounds gorgeous in an Italian accent). We had the full 4 course meal, starting with prusciutto and mozerella, then a pasta with red sauce, followed with chicken and salad and finished with a light cheesecake tasting flan with a strawberry sauce, oh plus a bottle of wine. Literally could move after this meal... impossible to suck in!

We later visited the Spanish steps where all the locals hung out, and where all the good shopping is. We WILL be going back tomorrow don't you worry. It had been a long day so we headed out not after long. I came back and talked to Justin for an hour. Missing him like crazy.

day 2 down, have to wake up at 645am, wish me luck!

ciao xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds AMAZING!!! So glad you are posting and keeping us up to speed. Wasn't the Pieta gorgeous? Next time - you can take me to the Sistine Chapel. I'm happy you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete