Monday, May 17, 2010

market to market




Slept in a little this morning, thank goodness. We saw the Duomo this morning. We went inside the church but skipped out on the long trip up the dome. I stopped for some peach, pineapple, and melon gelato. So refreshing and good!! Kara and I shopped a little bit more, of course. Then as a group we went to the market. Kind of like a huge fresh market from the states. Meats, sweets, and cheese EVERYWHERE. It was so amazing and everything looked delicious. We did a balsamic and olive oil tasting and the cheese of course, so yummy!

Kara and I grabbed lunch and are relaxing in the room. The rest of the day is free and we are running out of money so italian TV and my bed are calling my name. The shutters are open so the Florence street noise flows into our room giving me all the culture I need for the afternoon.

more day to come...

ciao for now

Had Za-Za's again for dinner, came home, showered and relaxed for the rest of the night. Also got 9 whole hours of much needed sleep!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment